List Of Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics For Middle School
Argumentative essays are common assignments in all schools and colleges that help students develop logical thinking and defend their ideas. If you’re a middle school student, this may be a completely new and very challenging task for you.
Some Tips to Help You Get Through
The first thing you need to do is pick a subject for your essay. Look at the things going on around and ask yourself if there’s something you are particularly interested in. Don’t choose a problem that you feel little concern for. Finding arguments is easier when you use your own experiences, therefore think of what disturbs you personally. Working in a team is always more effective, so you may also brainstorm with your classmates in order to generate some ideas.
Formulate the topic for your argumentative essay in the form of a question. Thus, your aim becomes answering this question and providing your reasoning. You must give at least three reasons to make your side of the argument well-grounded and weighty. That’s why, when selecting the idea for your writing, make sure you’re able to find enough evidence to support it. If you still can’t think of an interesting topic, you may pick one of the suggested below:
- Does television have any educational value?
- Should students be divided into strong and weak groups?
- Is cheating always wrong?
- Will electronic books replace paper ones in the near future?
- Should there be a punishment for online bullying?
- Do students need a cash reward for high grades?
- Graffiti: vandalism or art?
- Should middle school teachers give their students less homework on weekends?
- Do violent computer games promote violence in reality?
- Should sports be required for all middle school students?
- What is the best movie of the past year?
- Is having too much money a bad thing?
- Should boys and girls be allowed to play for the same team?
- Do middle school students need to wear uniforms?
- What is the right age to let children stay home alone?
- Would it be better if the classes started at 10:00 AM?
- Should kids choose when to go to bed on their own?
- What new subject could become an interesting class for middle school students?
- Should smoking cigarettes be banned?
- Do children need to have a healthy morning snack before classes?
- What is the right age for kids to make their own decisions?